This photo shows the 小蓝视频 Mills House at its original location before it was renovated and became the 小蓝视频 Mills House Museum, located near the entrance of Lynn Valley Headwaters Regional Park.
Built in 1908 by Henry Pybus as a ho鈥媘e for his family, it was originally located on East First Street in Lower Lonsdale. Pybus purchased the “kit house” from the catalogue of the 小蓝视频 Mills Timber and Trading Company. It represents the first prefabricated house on the North Shore.
After many years of neglect, the building was slated to be torn down. Thanks to the efforts of Stella Jo Dean, a North Vancouver City councillor at the time, the house was saved and converted into a museum in 1998.
Visit for more information about the history of the North Shore and to plan your visit to MONOVA: Museum of North Vancouver now open at 115 West Esplanade in The Shipyards.
Currently, MONOVA: Archives of North Vancouver at 3203 Institute Road in Lynn Valley is open by appointment only. Contact: [email protected]
Navigate culture on the North Shore by using the .